the "Interspiritual Declaration"
What has become known in common parlance as "The Interspiritual Declaration" includes the various Points of Agreement arising over the last decades from the growing global Interspiritual phenomenon. These are below with the sources of the conferences, associations, organizations and publications that have assembled this consensus over the last number of years.
Points of Agreement
l. The Nine Points of Agreement (source, the 30-yr. Snowmass Interspiritual Dialogue)
2. The Nine Elements of a Universal Spirituality (source, Bro. Wayne Teasdale, The Mystic Heart: Discovering a Universal Spirituality in the Worlds Religions)
3. The Elements of Interspiritual Education (source, Community of The Mystic Heart with One Spirit Interfaith Seminary, as published in Johnson and Ord)
4. The Eight Shifts Needed in World Consciousness (source, Bro. Wayne Teasdale, The Mystic Heart: Discovering a Universal Spirituality in the Worlds Religions as published in Johnson and Ord)
5. Evolutionary Developmental Elements (Teasdales major 1999 points as summarized by Johnson and Ord 2013)
1. The Nine Points of Agreement:
2. The Nine Elements of a Universal Spirituality:
1. Actualizing full moral and ethical capacity
2. Living in harmony with the cosmos and all living beings
3. Cultivating a life of deep nonviolence
4. Living in humility and gratitude
5. Embracing a regular spiritual practice
6. Cultivating mature self-knowledge
7. Living a life of simplicity
8. Being of selfless service and compassionate action
9. Empowering the prophetic voice for justice, compassion, and world transformation.
3. Elements of
4. The Eight
Needed World Shifts in Consciousness
1. Appreciation of the interdependence of all realms of human life and the surrounding cosmos
2. Growing ecological awareness, with recognition of the interdependence of humankind and the biosphere, including the rights of all biological species
3. Dedication to nonviolence, with a commitment to transcend militancy and violence tied to national or religious identities
4. Embracing of the shared wisdom in all the worlds religious and spiritual traditions, past and present
5. Growing friendship, and actual community, among the individual followers of the worlds religious and spiritual paths
6. Commitment to the depths of the contemplative pursuit and the mutual sharing of the fruits of this ongoing journey
7. Creative cultivation of transnational, transcultural, trans-traditional, and world-centric understanding
8. Receptivity to a cosmic vision, realizing humanity is only one life form and part of a larger community, the universe.
5. Evolutionary Developmental Elements
 Updated from The Common Heart (2006) to add the ninth point from subsequent dialogues and using the combined words of Snowmass and Teasdale, as published in The Coming Interspiritual Age (2013).
 Short version as adapted from Teasdale by The Community of The Mystic Heart (Teasdales colleagues network) and published in The Coming Interspiritual Age (2013). The original Nine Elements were not listed by Teasdale in a list but used as subtitles (with additional comments) in The Mystic Heart (1999).
 As published in The Coming Interspiritual Age from the points originally elucidated by One Spirit Interfaith Seminary (New York City) and The Community of the Mystic Heart (Teasdales colleagues network).
 Teasdales (1999) list of (Mystic Heart, p. 4-5) as further used by The Community of The Mystic Heart (Teasdales colleagues network) and published in Johnson and Ord (2013)
 Teasdales major points, scattered across his inspirational (and less structured) writing style were gathered and summarized in The Coming Interspiritual Age by Johnson and Ord, 2013).
Miles-Yepez, Netanel [Ed.]. 2006. The
Common Heart: An Experience of Interreligious Dialogue.
Kurt and David Robert Ord. 2013. The Coming
Kurt and David Robert Ord. 2013. The Coming
Meditation Pool I by Dafna Mordecai
InterSpiritual Dialogue 'n Action (ISDnA, est. 2002) & Broadband Contemplative Alliances Network (bcan.ws, est. 2004) with Brother Wayne. Multiplex Maingate is www.isdna.org; Multiplex Visitors Center is multiplex.isdna.org. All rights reserved for original materials first published here; thanks to many associates for linked and associated materials. ISDnA's educational partner is One Spirit Interfaith (www.onespiritinterfaith.org), ISDnA is a founding member of The Order of Universal Interfaith (OUnI www.ouni.org), World Council of Interfaith Congregations (WCIC, www.ouni.org), The Coalition for OneVoice (www.coalitionforonevoice.org) and the Universal Order of Sannyasa (envisioned by Bro. Wayne, www.orderofsannyasa.org). Administrator Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERSPIRITUAL MULTIPLEX /